Let us smooth
Let us take the strain out of switching your office phone and broadband to your new address.
Start the process now by filling out our online moving form.
What you'll need to start your move
ABN or ACN number
Moving your Office Phone and Broadband
Book your move online and one of our specialists will be in touch to help you arrange the relocation of your Telstra services.
The technology available at your new premise will determine the cost and complexity of your move – in many situations you will require a technician to visit your premise to connect your services. Your specialist will arrange an appointment with you if required.
Please note that the technician will connect to the MDF in your building if your new premise is in an office block. This is usually located in the basement of the building.
If you require any wiring to be placed within the office, you will need to employ a technician to complete this for you. You can arrange this through Telstra or a private contractor. You may also need to move your phone system, please speak with your phone system provider about this.
There will be a charge to move your office phones and internet. These costs range from $99 to $299 per service depending on the amount technician work required
- If you’ve left it to the last minute, you can request next business day connection/disconnection for fixed lines on copper when you book online. We’ll try to meet your needs it it’s possible. But this will depend on the complexity of your move, and if a technician is required.
- The more notice you give us, the more likely we’ll be able to move your services on the specific day you want, especially if a technician visit is required.
- If your new address has nbn technology, your request will be processed by both Telstra and nbn co teams. Connection times will depend on the technology type at your new premise and technician visits. You can find out your technology type using the address search tool above. For any nbn move requests, please contact 1800 993 726.
A technician visit may be required if the place you’re moving to:
- Has not had an active phone line for a long period of time
- Has been recently renovated
Yes, someone over the age of 18 needs to be at the premise.
This person will need to have access to the MDF box
An MDF is a “Main Distribution Frame” – a cable rack that interconnects and manages telecommunications wiring.
Commonly this will be located in the basement of the building - please seek advice from your building manager before the technician appointment.
A technician needs to physically attend your local exchange and disconnect the services from your old premise, connect the services at your new address, and then ensure that the connection is working properly between the exchange and your new premise.
Charges will vary on the amount of work required of the technician.
In most cases a new modem will not be required, depending on the technology available at your new premise.
If a new modem is required, we’ll let you know after. receiving your application
In most cases, yes.
However, if you’re moving to an address that’s serviced by a different telephone exchange, you’ll be provided with a new phone number.
Telstra can organise for redirection at a cost of $130 annually or $30 monthly. You can request this as part of your move.
Your plan and contract will remain unchanged unless you wish to add new products or services to your account.
It’s unlikely, but if this is the case, you’ll need to provide documentation to prove that you’re moving to the new address.
We’ll be in contact to let you know what documentation you need to provide.
Moving Foxtel from Telstra is a separate cost, priced at $100. Remember to take your existing equipment with you. A Foxtel technician will then visit your new premise to complete the installation process.
Questions with moving premises? We can help
Prefer to talk to someone over the phone? We're here to answer your questions about Moving Premises.
We can help improve your costs and efficiency. Find your nearest Telstra Business Centre.