Transfer ownership
of your services

It’s easy to request the transfer of your Telstra services to another person or business. Here are the steps to get your request to us.

How to request Transfer of Ownership

You can request to transfer most of our products and services – from mobiles, to broadband plans, to Foxtel on Telstra – to another person or business.

  1. Download the correct transfer form below. You can fill out the form on your device using apps like Adobe Fill and Sign, DocuSign, etc. or print the form and complete by hand.
  2. Make sure you have the right ID to complete the form.
  3. Both current owner (customer transferring from) and new owner (customer transferring to) need to sign the form.
  4. Email the completed and signed form to the address on the form.

Which Transfer form do you need?

I am a personal or business customer transferring to another personal or business. Download now

For transfers that involve an Enterprise or Government entity as either Current AND/OR New Owner, use this form. Download now

Not sure which form you need?

Review the frequently asked questions below or:

  • If you’re a Business customer call 13 20 00
  • All other customers call 13 22 00
  • Talk to your Telstra Representative, or
  • Visit your nearest Telstra Store.

Frequently asked questions

  • You can transfer ownership of most Telstra products and services including mobiles, fixed voice, internet services or even bundle services. However, not all products can be transferred. For instance, you can’t transfer Business products to Consumer customers.

Customer type 


Individuals including Residential customers and unincorporated associations.  All individual and residential customers are Consumer customers. So are Individuals acting on behalf of a trust.
Sole Trader An individual trading as a business, with an ABN in their own name, is a Sole Trader
Businesses / Companies / Incorporated Associations / Stata and Body Corporates

An incorporated business or company*, partnerships, those acting on behalf of a trust, and strata companies – these are all Business Customers 

*A company must provide an Australian Company Number (ACN is not the same as ABN) 


Firms and partnerships generally use a trading/business name.

A Partnership must be represented by an individual or a company

Trusts and Super Funds A Trust or Super fund must be in the name of the trustee – either an individual or company
Franchises A franchise operates as a separate business. Phone services are provided in the name of the franchisee; which can be a Company or Sole Trader
Enterprise and Government  All large business companies with a dedicated account representative, and all local, federal and state government customers are Enterprise & Government customers. Please check in with your Account Representative for support.


You can’t transfer disconnected or cancelled services. You must ensure all services are active to transfer their ownership.


  • For Fixed Voice and Internet services, if you’re the Incoming Customer and you can provide Proof of Occupancy, then we can still connect it in your name.
  • In all other cases, we’ll need a Statutory Declaration Form from you, the incoming customer, which states that you (have the authority from the outgoing customer for the service to be transferred to your name or business).

Good to know

You can get Statutory Declarations from Police stations and Post offices. They need to be witnessed by an authorised witness such as a doctor, lawyer, Justice of the Peace or Police Officer.

How long does it take for the transfer to happen?

Most Changes of Ownership take up to 7 Business days but this may vary depending on:

  • The products being transferred
  • Legibility and completeness of forms
  • Number of services being transferred
  • The type of transfer, EG; Business to Consumer
  • The complexity of the order


How long do I have to return the form?

  • Once a form is signed, you don’t have to return it to us by a certain date; the signature does not expire.


Will I be hit with an Early Termination Charge, (ETC)?

  • If services can stay on existing plans and contracts, you won’t receive an early termination charge.
  • If the plan or contract can't be transferred due to eligibility or plans that are no longer available, then as the outgoing customer you may receive an early termination charge.


Does it cost anything to lodge a Change of Ownership?

  • There are no Change of Ownership fees for Fixed, Mobile and Internet services.
  • For Business customers, there is a $44 connect fee for Inbound Services, Freecall or Priority Numbers.



You can check the details of your ACN on the ASIC website. You can check your ABN details on the ABN register at



  • Mobile services may be unavailable for up to 2 hours during a transfer: we’ll let you know in advance.
  • Telstra Business Broadband services transferring to consumer plans can be unavailable for up to 5 days.


Will the new owner of my broadband service be able to see my emails?

  • If you have BigPond email address associated with your service, all emails sent to that address will be accessible to the new owner.
  • To stop them from having access to your old emails, delete them all before the transfer of the service.


Can I keep my email address if I’m transferring my broadband service?

In some cases you may be able to keep your email address. Contact us or visit your nearest Telstra Store for more information



For some Business to Consumer transfers, you’ll need a new SIM. We’ll send you one if you do.


After a transfer of ownership, all MessageBank settings will reset to defaults and all messages will be permanently deleted.


Priority Assist is available to eligible consumer customers who have their fixed home service with Telstra or to Small Business customers who run their business from a residential address and are using a Telstra fixed phone service which is not provided through our Digital Office Technology range of plans. Priority Assist covers one fixed phone line only and doesn’t apply to internet or mobile services.

The Change of Ownership form includes fields where you can indicate that you require Priority Assist and if you are not already registered for Priority Assist, you must also submit a Priority Assist application form, along with any required documentation, to the email, fax or post details on the form within 28 days of submission of the Change of Ownership form.



The TCP (Telecommunications Consumer Protections) Code is a code of conduct for the Telecommunications industry in Australia. It provides safeguards for consumers in the areas of sales, service, contracts, billing, credit and debt management, changing suppliers and complaint handling. The Code is registered by the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) and compliance is monitored.



In some circumstances this may not be required, to find out more call 13 22 00



Telstra Plus Points can be transferred to the new owner providing they have joined Telstra Plus. Please visit